Start Your Own Freight Brokerage Business, 5th Edition
Arrange for Your Success
Looking for a homebased business, in a thriving industry, with low overhead and high profit potential? Then a freight brokerage business is likely for you!
Earn your share of the billion-dollar transportation industry pairing shippers and carriers to move cargo, and making money in the process. The experts at Entrepreneur equip you with the knowledge you need to start your business, manage day-to-day operations, prepare for minute-by-minute changes, and address unexpected challenges in freight transportation.
Learn how to:
- Establish your business and define your services
- Organize your business with sample checklists, worksheets, invoices, receipts, and agreements
- Get bonded and certified to meet the requirements of the industry
- Track and manage the financials, sales, and operations
- Find and build relationships with reliable carriers
- Set rates and commissions
- Manage delays, damage claims, or cargo loss
- Choose the right avenues for marketing your services
- Find, hire, and keep good employees—and what to do when you lose them
- And more
Plus, gain valuable insight, tips, and sound business advice from successful freight brokers who have managed, shipped, and seen it all. Find success in freight—join this billion-dollar industry today!
The Staff of Entrepreneur Media, Inc. | For more than 30 years, Entrepreneur Media, Inc. has set the course for success for millions of entrepreneurs and small business owners. We’ll teach you the secrets of the winners and give you exactly what you need to lay the groundwork for success.
Jason R. Rich, based in Foxboro, Mass., is author of more than 55 books on topics including ecommerce, online marketing, digital photography and interactive entertainment, as well as the Apple iPhone and iPad.