Retail Business and More: Step-By-Step Startup Guide, 3rd Edition(0 customer reviews)
This kit includes:
- Essential industry and business-specific startup steps with worksheets, calculators, checklists and more.
- Entrepreneur Editors’ Start Your Own Business, a guide to starting any business and surviving the first three years.
- Downloadable, customizable business letters, sales letters, and other sample documents.
- Entrepreneur’s Small Business Legal Toolkit.
Open the Store of Your Dreams
Newly updated & revised! Wal-Mart. Lowe’s. Whole Foods Market. The Gap. All these mega-chains started with one neighborhood location and grew to be retail giants. And there is always room for more. If you have a knack for spotting trends, a retail store could be your ticket to the top–and our guide is the place to start.
We give you the inside scoop on how to start and run a retail business. You will learn what works, what doesn’t, and how to avoid the common pitfalls that sink many would-be retailers. Plus, you get a bonus section featuring an in-depth look at how to start three of the most popular types of retail businesses: the clothing boutique, the specialty food store and the gift shop.
You’ll also meet successful retailers and retail experts from across the country who’ll share with you proven tips and advice for hitting it big in this dynamic industry. Could the small store you start today be the next big retail chain success story? Order our guide and find out.
Whether you want to be the next retail giant or open a small boutique, this essential guide covers everything you need to know. Successful retailers and retail experts nationwide divulge their proven tips and advice on topics such as:
- Selecting merchandise that will fly off the shelves
- Designing your store to welcome customers and encourage purchases
- Day-to-day operations, from running the cash register to computing daily profits
- Tracking inventory and preventing theft
- Hiring great employees and training them to provide stellar customer service
- Setting prices to maximize profits
- And more!
Each chapter is divided into manageable sections on every aspect of starting and operating a retail product or service business. We even included some brainstorming questions to ask yourself to stimulate creative solutions to the particular problems you may face.
Could the small store you start today be the next big retail chain success story? Order our guide and find out.