Start Your Own Travel Business 2E
Whether the economy is up or down, people always want and need to travel--for a business meeting, a family vacation or just to enjoy some much-needed R&R. The travel industry generates $3.4 billion daily. That's a lot of people who need help with their travel plans! Although many of these travelers use online travel sites to research and plan their trips, many others continue to rely on travel agents who have the expertise and insider knowledge to find the best deals. And guess what? There aren't enough travel agents to go around. That means now is the perfect time for you to launch your own business as a travel agent.
Our comprehensive guide is packed with all the information you need to know about five lucrative ways to get in on the travel services industry: homebased travel service, specialty/niche travel service, corporate travel service, franchise travel service, and independent contracting for a larger travel agency. Filled with insider information from industry experts and successful travel service operators, this guide contains valuable tips and useful advice on:
- How to keep up with the newest travel trends, like extreme tours, safaris, cruises, eco-friendly tours and more
- Surefire techniques for using the internet to attract new clients and make sales
- How to become an expert in a niche market: seniors, people with disabilities, student group and others
- How to minimize security risks and deal with client emergencies
- Budgeting strategies when working on commission, plus techniques for increasing your profits
- How to make your tour packages different--and better--than the competition's
You also get step-by-step instructions, checklists and work sheets to guide you through each stage of the startup process, plus a list of hundreds of valuable resources to help you.
You don't need a lot of money to get started, either. These businesses can be launched for as little as $1,200, without any employees. You can operate out of your home, from a corner of the den or a spare bedroom. Best of all, you're in complete control. You can devote as little or as much time to the business as you want--and that means the sky's the limit!
What are you waiting for? There's a whole world out there waiting to be explored! Buy your Travel Services guide today.